12 Strategies for Surviving a Career

This is a sponsored review of Randi Glazer's book 12 Strategies for Surviving a Career in the Insurance Industry.

Randi Glazer http://amzn.to/29HTVE2

First off I have to say that even though this book is geared toward the Insurance Industry, this information is good for any career. Randi discusses strategies to deal with difficult people, situations, and employers.

I think the main thing I took away from this book is to be professional at all times when dealing with anything work related. I truly believe this is the key to a successful career. I mean who wants to hire (or work with) a person who does not behave professionally.

Other information includes how to deal with conflicts in the workplace. I think we all know there is a time and a place for everything. When we don't get along with someone in the workplace, it can make your day pretty stressful. Randi Glazer provides some insight in dealing with difficult people at work.

The author also goes over how to handle inefficient or non-existent organizational structure. It's always nice to know who you are supposed to go to if you need help. Sometimes this information is not always very clear. It helps to make suggestions to your leaders about this. In doing so you will open the door on the needed conversations to get the organizational structure out in the open.

One final area that the author discusses is how to avoid office politics. I really listened to this section because who doesn't like office politics? I know I don't. I have always tried to keep my personal life personal. Just because I talk to someone at work doesn't mean I will tell that person everything about me. Simply because I don't want this information all over the workplace. Which is essentially what happens every time.

This is a great book for anyone looking to up their game in business. The helpful strategies provided will work in almost any business or company. You can get your copy here: http://www.audible.com/pd/Business/Randi-Glazers-12-Strategies-for-Surviving-a-Career-in-the-Insurance-Industry-Audiobook/B01F4B2VOM

I received this book for free or at a discount for my honest review.

Have a great day!

Renee

12 thoughts on “12 Strategies for Surviving a Career

1. Carol Cassara says:

I had a very long career in business and faced so many different challenges. Always good to have helpful advice because careers can be long and hard.

2. Tess says:

Great information. Wish I’d known some of these strategies when I was working in an office environment. I’ve been self-employed for nearly 21 years now. I have to say in all honesty I do not miss navigating the tricky social situations, lol, at all. I’m a firm believer in keeping my personal life separate from my business life and that can be a challenge when you want to maintain a pleasant atmosphere at work. Personal boundaries vary wildly and some people become quite offended if you don’t really want to know all the details of their personal life.
    Tess recently posted…The Magic of AppreciationMy Profile

• Renee says:

It’s crazy how open some people want to be..lol I swear working at Walmart for many years it was almost like going to high school again with all the rumors and the too much sharing.

3. Elizabeth O. says:

Working in an office is challenging, to be honest, it’s sort of like going back to highschool. I’m sure this will help a lot of people out, especially those who are new to the “corporate world” as they would call it.

4. Tiffany Cardenas says:

Sounds like a very useful book. The main thing I don’t miss about working in the corporate world is office politics.

5. Claudette P. Esterine says:

Thank you for sharing this – it is important information for anyone at any age who is seeking employment or trying to keep growing in their career. :)

6. Lisa Rios says:

This book sounds like a wonderful resource for people involved in financial industry. And it is great that the same strategies can be so much helpful for anyone who is in to any business or any other profession as well.